Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter





Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.Henry's first wife, Persephone.

Where to get more info:
Aimee Carter (Author):

Kathryn's Review
Received from Netgalley

I am so captivated by this series.  Goddess Test was amazing and then I open up Goddess Interrupted and BAM….blown away again with the phenomenal writing and world that Aimee Carter has developed.  I am so thrilled that book 2 has offered us so much more insight in to the world of Henry and Kate.  We get to learn so much about the history of our mythological gods and goddesses as well as get to know them personally.  The twists that Aimee Carter has added to these tales wraps you in these pages and keeps you tucked in snug and tight so that when you finish this book, you are plagued with feeling lost because I now have to wait til the next book to get more of these fabulous characters.
I am enthralled in which Aimee Carter has evoked such strong emotions from me.  I LOVE Kate.  There were moments when she gets under my skin and I feel so much of her heartache and insecurities and within those moments in this book, I physically ached for her.  I was so worried in which way things were going to go….I was hoping so badly for one route to happen and all I can say is....I am not disappointed.  And then there is Henry.  I was pissed at him a good bit of the time throughout this book. There were things I felt should not have happened....but, it did, hence my feelings for Kate....but, are you wondering now.... Does he redeem himself?  You will have to read it and find out….
Anyways, if you are looking for a series that entices you with mythological legends, provides romance, mystery and intrigue, and something that once you open it you won’t put down, then Goddess Interrupted is the book for you. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!


 =SCORCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment